Our mission is to increase the reliability of child support paid by parents when they live apart from their children by:
- Locating parents;
- Establishing paternity;
- Establishing and enforcing fair support orders;
- Increasing health care coverage for children;
- Removing barriers to payment, such as referring parents to employment services, supporting healthy co-parenting relationships, supporting responsible fatherhood, and helping to prevent and reduce family violence.
- To be ranked in the top 10 states nationally for current child support collections;
- To be recognized nationally as a trendsetter for best practices;
- To be the best-managed agency in the state of Georgia through fiscal responsibility and customer service.
Tanguler Gray is IV-D Director for the Georgia Department of Human Services Division of Child Support Services (DCSS) headquartered in Atlanta. DCSS employs 1,001 employees in 60 local offices.
During Director Gray’s 23 years in child support, she has held leadership roles in accounting, fiscal operations, customer service, organizational effectiveness, field and state operations and executive management. She spearheaded the Rapid Process Improvement (RPI) initiative; leading Georgia to capture the 2007 Governor’s Award for Customer Service and the 2008 National Child Support Enforcement Association (NCSEA) Commissioner’s Award for High Performance.
Director Gray is a member of the NCSEA Board of Directors and the National Council of Child Support Directors. She is a graduate of Valdosta State University.