The Georgia Division of Child Support Services (DCSS) understands that there are varying reasons why child support obligations can be hard to tackle. DCSS is devoted to helping you understand and smoothly navigate potential challenges.
Past due child support is called “arrears.” Child support arrears means the party responsible for paying child support has fallen behind in court-ordered payments or stops paying completely. Failing to pay child support in Georgia could result in serious consequences, ranging from driver’s license suspension to incarceration.
DCSS provides the following programs and services to help you manage your payments:
- Georgia Family Support Registry Internet Payment Website
- Review & Modification of Support Order
- DCSS On the Go Mobile App – App Store / Google Play
- Parental Accountability Court Program
- Fatherhood program - to download a flyer with more information
To obtain further assistance, you may contact the DCSS Communications Center at 1.844.MYGADHS (1.844.694.2347), or you may search for a listing of any local office by clicking here.
You may also chat with DCSS during normal business hours, Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. eastern time, except state holidays when the agency is closed.